Every week, I acknowledge one student in each class and bestow upon them Special Person status. This gives them the enviable right of being allowed to interrupt class to have me play the Song of the Week. When I choose the student, I also write a little note telling them how much I appreciate having them in class. This is followed up, at some point during the week, with a positive email home to the parents. Not gonna lie, sometimes it can be very difficult to find something positive write to the student and the parents! Here are the best compliments I give to the students that I struggling with. (I found all these online at various sites!)
- Your smile is contagious.
- I bet you make babies smile.
- You have the best laugh.
- You light up the room.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- If cartoon bluebirds were real, a couple of 'em would be sitting on your shoulders singing right now.
- You're like sunshine on a rainy day.
- You bring out the best in other people.
- Colors seem brighter when you're around.
- You always know how to find that silver lining.
- You're a candle in the darkness.
- You're more fun than bubble wrap.
- You're like a breath of fresh air.
- You're someone's reason to smile.
Complimenting Personal Traits
- I like your style.
- You are brave.
- You are beautiful on the inside and outside.
- You have the courage of your convictions.
- You're a great listener.
- You were cool before TikTok was cool.
- You're inspiring.
- You're so thoughtful.
- When you make up your mind, nothing stands in your way.
- You're a smart cookie.
- Your perspective is refreshing.
- Your ability to recall random facts at just the right times is impressive.
- You have the best ideas.
- You're always learning new things and trying to better yourself. That's awesome.
- You could survive a zombie apocalypse.
- You're great at figuring stuff out.
- Your creative potential seems limitless.
- I bet you do crossword puzzles in ink.
- You have a good head on your shoulders.
- Everyone gets knocked down sometimes; only people like you get back up again and keep going.
- I am so proud of you, and I hope you are too!
- You are making a difference.
- Actions speak louder than words, and yours tell an incredible story.
- You have a good perspective on life
- I admire your determination
- I notice how hard you try
- Your ideas put a smile on my face
- You are thoughtful and generous
- You give me new ways to think about things
- I appreciate you
- You are more helpful than you realize
- You are strong and courageous
- You make a difference
- You help bring joy into class
- Jokes are funnier when you tell them
- You’re one of a kind
- You always know just what to say
- You’re better than a unicorn because you’re real
- Thank you for being you
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.